Wednesday, May 2, 2018

#IWSG



Join Alex J. Cavanaugh and a multitude of writer's in this monthly hop to help support one another!

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Alex's awesome co-hosts are E.M.A. Timar, J. Q. Rose,C.Lee McKenzie, and Raimey Gallant!

May 2 question - It’s spring! Does this season inspire you to write more than others, or not?


Actually, I feel as if spring hasn't totally arrived in Western New York, not just yet. We're on the brink of warmer weather, though. 

Our backyard has standing water, its a mud pit. I have tons of work to try and get my flower gardens somewhat presentable before my daughters baby shower, here at my house, on June 3rd. So the answer to the question is~ not really. I don't have time for writing when the weather breaks.

How about you, does springtime inspire you to write??




15 comments:

  1. I live in Michigan so I can relate to your comments about the weather. And I have a deadline of June 1st to get my flower beds in order for a meeting I'm hosting at my house. We can think of each other while we work at it. Happy Spring, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that garden!

    Ronel visiting on Insecure Writer's Support Group day: Autumn Decisions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you can whip it back into shape this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're experiencing the same sort of weather up here in Maine as you are, so it doesn't really feel like spring yet. I think the autumn season gets the most out of me in the writing way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember living in upstate NY and how much more productive it was to write during the winter...which was 80% of the year, so...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a chance, but that's another story. Our winter was slow to go as well. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring includes the end of the school year at the homeschool cooperative where I teach (busy, busy, busy), the need to trim back the rainforest of blackberries, and still, writing (I steal the time away and those blackberries keep coming towards us).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck sorting the garden. Our five dogs have certainly turned ours into a mudbath! Hope some writing time comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thrilled our weather has turned, though my novel is less happy about it. Our backyard was a mud pit a couple years back after a tree removal service destroyed it. I hope you get it all squared away before the baby shower. And congratulations on the coming addition to your family, Cathrina.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're just now really getting into spring weather in Virginia. Well, this week, it's more like summer weather, so I hope some of that warmth travels northward for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, mud. My boys make mud in the yard every chance they get now:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I know about backyards like that. Our soil is very clay based, and we often get a small pond out back. It's my excuse whey I haven't started spring yard work yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck getting your yard in order. I hope you guys have a great baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's to yard work! May we find time to write between the extra chores. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Cathrina,

    Hopefully your mud pit has dried out by now. You still have three weeks or so to pull it off. I know you'll do it!

    ReplyDelete